Mon, Jun 01|
Mezzo, hotel & business
Data Modeling - Advanced (3 d)
You have been developing Power BI data models and reports for quite some time now and as a consequence encountered many challenges. This training will provide plenty of solutions and best practices to all those roadblocks you have been through.
Time & Location
Jun 01, 2020, 9:00 AM GMT+2 – Jun 03, 2020, 5:00 PM GMT+2
Mezzo, hotel & business, Paalsesteenweg 170, 3583 Beringen, Belgium
About the Event
In this training class you will learn how to adjust a data model that allows complex analyses and computation of business
numbers by implementing DAX measures that are easier to write.
○ Single Tables
○ Multiple Tables
○ Star Schema
○ Snowflake Schema
○ Naming Conventions
• Header & Detail Tables
○ Aggregations on Header Level
○ Bi-directional Filtering
• Multiple Fact Tables
○ Denormalized Fact Tables
○ Filter Across Dimensions
○ Orders & Invoices
• Dates & Time
○ Creating a Date Dimension
○ Automatic Date & Time Dimensions
○ Working Days
○ Special Periods of the Year
○ Weekly Calendars
• Tracking Historical Attributes
○ Introduction to Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD)
○ Using SCD
○ Loading SCD's
• Working with Different Granularity
○ Relationships at different granularity
○ Analyzing budget data
○ Using DAX code to move filters
○ Filtering through relationships
○ Hiding values at the wrong granularity
○ Allocating values at the higher granularity
• Working with Multiple Currencies
○ Multiple source currencies, single reporting currency
○ Single source currency, multiple reporting currencies
○ Multiple source currencies, multiple reporting currencies
• Many-to-Many Relationships
○ Understanding the bi-directional pattern
○ Understanding non-additivity
○ Cascading many-to-many
○ Temporal many-to-many
○ Reallocating factors and percentages
○ Materializing many-to-many
○ Using fact tables as a bridge
○ Performance considerations
You will use the Contoso Demo database, a fictious company that sells electronics all over the world, through different sales channels. Of course, the examples provided in this training class need to be translated into your own specific business model, but most likely there will be significant similarities between what you learn and what you need to realize in your own data model.
Own Laptop 💻 + external mouse
Power BI Desktop (see Microsoft's documentation Get Power BI Desktop).
You can get Power BI Desktop in two ways, each of which is described in the following sections:
- Install as an app from the Microsoft Store.
- Download directly, as an executable you download and install on your computer.
Students will get 2-year access to the on-line in2Facts documentation platform
Cancellations up to 8 days before the training course are at no charge.
Cancellations after this date, as well as no-shows, will be liable for the full registration fee.
This ticket provides access to the professional training classes of the in2Facts Training Academy.€1,950.00
This ticket provides access to the professional training classes of the in2Facts Training Academy.€2,250.00
Early Bird Price
€ 650 / day
First 5 seats are offered at an early bird entrance price.
€ 750 / day
Also KMO-Portefeuille registered
for providing training services.
Registration nr DV.O217305
Mezzo Hotel - Paal
Perfect location at E313 exit 26 Paal,
just a 5 minute drive from the
cloverleaf (intersection E313 - E314)