Mon, Jun 15|
Mezzo, hotel & business
Power BI - Data Modeler (2 d)
Are you frequently occupied with extracting data, building data models and more passionate about tech stuff rather than building cosmetic reports based on functional descriptions, then this is the training to attend. Welcome!
Time & Location
Jun 15, 2020, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM GMT+2
Mezzo, hotel & business, Paalsesteenweg 170, 3583 Beringen, Belgium
About the Event
• The role of a "Data Modeler" in the organization
• Reports: a journey from data to insights
○ The layers of a report
○ What you see as a data modeler
○ Basic data concepts
• Standard "Data Modeler"-process
• Data Modeling Fundamentals
○ Dimensions and Facts
○ Star Scheme Modeling
• Importing and cleaning data with Power Query
○ Extracting data
+ Loading methods
- Live Connections
- Direct Query
- Mixed Model
+ Loading from files/folders
- CSV or other text files
- Excel Ranges and Tables
- Loading from Folders
- Create your own file combiner function
+ Loading from databases
- Transforming data
+ Power Query Datatypes
+ Row Functions
+ Column Functions
+ Field Functions
+ Table Functions
+ Query Folding
○ Loading data to the model
• Calculating with DAX
• Basic optimization techniques
○ Memory optimization
○ Calculation optimization
The role of a "Data Modeler" in the organization is becoming extremely important to support concepts as self servicing BI and allow controllers and analysts to provide insights to their management team based on certified datasets and models.
In this training we will guide you through a journey from data to insights, by addressing topics as:
- Standard "Data Modeler"-process
- Data Modeling Fundamentals
- Importing and cleaning data with Power Query
- Organizing queries
- Calculating with DAX
- Basic optimization techniques
Own Laptop 💻 + external mouse
Power BI Desktop (see Microsoft's documentation Get Power BI Desktop).
You can get Power BI Desktop in two ways, each of which is described in the following sections:
- Install as an app from the Microsoft Store.
- Download directly, as an executable you download and install on your computer.
Students will get 2-year access to the on-line in2Facts documentation platform
Cancellations up to 8 days before the training course are at no charge.
Cancellations after this date, as well as no-shows, will be liable for the full registration fee.
This ticket provides access to the professional training classes of the in2Facts Training Academy.€1,300.00
This ticket provides access to the professional training classes of the in2Facts Training Academy.€1,500.00
Early Bird Price
€ 650 / day
First 5 seats are offered at an early bird entrance price.
€ 750 / day
Also KMO-Portefeuille registered
for providing training services.
Registration nr DV.O217305
Mezzo Hotel - Paal
Perfect location at E313 exit 26 Paal,
just a 5 minute drive from the
cloverleaf (intersection E313 - E314)